Sunday, May 21, 2006

My Birthday Party in Texas

Here I am at the Atlanta airport on my way to Nana and Grandpa Stoney's for my first birthday celebration. I'm already taking off my shoes to get comfy for the plane ride.
A boy only celebrates his first birthday once, so it's very important to get all cleaned up.
We had four generations at my birthday party!
Great Granddaddy and I talked man-to-man before the festivities got into full swing.
The gift opening started with a teddy bear singing "Happy Birthday" to me, and then I unwrapped . . .
. . . Aggie clothes and a Texas Alphabet book from Aunt Gayle and Uncle Alex . . .
. . . and that Great Granddaddy sure is a good card writer . . .
. . . and these cute outfits from Uncle Charlie, Aunt Dena, and Cousins Charlsie and Robert . . .
. . . and toy cars and blocks and my first puppy from Aunt Susan and Uncle Curtis . . .
. . . and a See 'n' Say and Aggie onesie from Cousin Kimberly and Cousin Kyle . . .
. . . and toys for the beach from Nana and Grandpa Stoney (and books and stuffed animals AND a pool and a swimsuit AND 60 SPF--it must be just like toothpaste).
Is that duck singing to me?!
I think I see somebody getting birthday cakes ready.
Believe it or not, this is just cake one of two! This one is a horseshoe. Thanks, Aunt Amy!!!
The second cake is a Texas Star.
Aunt Amy even made me my own cakes! (Hey, that's Helen in the background, and Mom and Dad on their wedding day, too!)
Maybe I'll just try a little of the icing before they light that candle.
The icing sure is good . . .
. . . and the cake is great, too (of course)!
Would you like to try a bite?
Mmm, can't talk, eating.
I finished cake one and am moving on to cake two.
Great Granddaddy and I can't believe how much we ate!
I don't think I could eat another handful. What a great celebration with my Texas relatives!